I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Thursday, April 7, 2011

something that bugs me a bit

I wish politicians would stop referring to the American people as if we were a monolith of support or dissent for a given topic, bill, idea, etc.

I have only recently started paying much attention to Washington D.C., and I am aware that this is, likely, not a new development...but it just bugs me when I hear things like:


"... I would once again encourage our Democratic friends to...support the kind of spending cuts that the American people have asked for..." - Mitch McConnell


Again, not the idea of spending cuts that necessarily bugs me, but rather the constant use of "the American people want/don't want" by R and D politicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment