I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cable news


Does the YA community get much news from MSNBC, CNN, or FOX?

Who are some of the pundits you listen to?

I read most of my news, but also like to watch clips from various cable news shows to see what it is that they are all saying on a given day.

I'm curious - for example, in the past I have generally liked listening to Charles Krauthammer but has been annoying me recently. He seems more and more like a partisan hack than a weighty conservative thinker.

5 comments:

  1. I watch Special Report on Fox and I agree the CK is becoming simply partisan. I don't think that MSNBC has a comparable straight news attempt.

    The rest of FOX and all of MSNBC seems like dreary partisanship. Rachel is a bit more rational, but is not seeking the truth anymore than CK is.

    The other regular show I watch is PBS newshour and I look at RealClearPolitics a lot. http://www.realclearpolitics.com/welcomead/?ref=http://www.realclearpolitics.com/

    I also watch Stewart's daily show, but I do not consider it news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watch CNN in the morning and Breit Bear (Fox) in the evening. I get the rest of my news from the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Wayne's comment about Rachel Maddow. She is the only MSNBC character I pay much attention to, although I do usually scroll the Morning Joe clips online to see if Jon Meacham was on. He doesn't punditize often, but I think he is worth listening to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting observation, with which I agree, about Charles Krauthammer. I would say the same about George Will. I am not ready to paint Steve Hayes with the same brush, but it is close.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In light of the revelations this week I no longer put Charles Krauthammer in the "hack" category.

    ReplyDelete