I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Friday, July 1, 2011

2012 Candidates - July-2011

Sorry I let this get up here before I was able to update it.
Here are some possible candidates for the major party nominations for president in 2012.
The sequences in parentheses are my wild guesses about the percentage chance that each of them had monthly, Jan-current month, of getting the nomination. My principal reaction to each is listed afterword. If you will point out stuff to me I can improve this description over time.
The YAMSLT test can be found here.

Remember I am not a professional at this, just an interested citizen.

Democratic
Barack Obama (99) I will consider him again, but he is worrying me.

Republican
Mitt Romney (25-25-26-24-25-30) I would consider him. Some say he has a problem in that the Romney health plan in MA is similar to Obama’s national plan. Some say that it is therefore a contradiction for Romney to oppose Obamacare is. I think not and I now think he can make the case.
Tim Pawlenty (05-07-08-16-14-20-25) - I would consider him. A serious person. The most likely replacement for Daniels.
Michelle Bachman (x-x-x-01-01-10-20) A lightweight. Fails YAMSLT
Jon Huntsman (x-x-1-1-01-05-06) As I know him more, I like him more. I would consider him. Seems like serious people take him seriously.
I don't see how he wins the nomination though.

Rick Perry (x-x-x-x-x-x-06)Would be a serious candidate. But is America ready for another brash Texas Governor? Is his Jobs record that good?
Sarah Palin (20-20-21-16-16-19-6) - She is playjng games. Fails the YAMSLT.
Ron Paul (x-x-x-x-01-02-03) (sorry I forgot him before)
Herman Cain (x-x-x-x-x-x-01) Has a long way to go to be a serious cand.

Newt Gingrich (4-4-4-4-03-03-01) - I would have considered him but he abandoned the 1st amendment. ……… his position on Park 51 not only that they should not, but that Muslims do NOT even have the right to, build there.
Rick Santorum (x-x-x-01-02-01-01) - Too far right for me. Fails the YAMSLT.
Gary Johnson (x-x-x-x-01-01-01) Will highlight the drug prohibition issue.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment