I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Friday, October 22, 2010

equal treatment

October 20, 2010 Juan Williams is fired from NPR for saying on another network:
“If I am in an airport and I see people in Muslim garb who identify themselves as primarily Muslim then I get nervous.”

Nina Totenberg was not fired from NPR for the following remarks:
July 8, 1995 On "Inside Washington"
I don’t think I have any Jesse Helms defenders here, Nina?
Nina Totenberg: Not me. I think he ought to be worried about the - uh - about what’s going on in the good lord’s mind because if there’s retributive justice, then he’ll get aids from a transfusion or one of his grandchildren will get it. (laughter)
.

No comments:

Post a Comment