I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Saturday, April 2, 2011

2012 Candidates - April 2011

New stuff in bold.
Changes in italics.
Here are some possible candidates for the major party nominations for president in 2012.
The numbers in parentheses are my wild guesses about the percentage chance that each of them has, at this point, of getting the nomination.
My principal reaction to each is listed afterword. If you will point out stuff to me I can improve this description over time.

Democratic
Obama (99) I would consider him.

Republican
Mitt Romney (24)(was 26) I would consider him. Some say he has a problem in that the Romney health plan in MA is similar to Obama’s national plan. Some say that it is therefore a contradiction for Romney to oppose Obamacare is. I think not. But I don't know if he can make the case.
Mike Huckabee (18) (was 21) - Fails the YAMSLT. Is he running?
Sarah Palin (18) (was 21) - A lightweight. Fails the YAMSLT.
Mitch Daniels (16) - I would consider him. Very straight forward.
Tim Pawlenty (16) (was 08) - I would consider him.
Newt Gingrich (4) - I would have considered him.
……… I do not like his position on Park 51 – not only that they should not, but that Muslims do NOT even have the right to, build there.
Rick Santorum (1) former PA Senator - Too far right for me. Fails the YAMSLT.
Bobby Jindal (1)- Fails the YAMSLT.
Jim Demint (1) - Too far right for me
Jon Huntsman -(1)
Haley Barbour (0) - probably self removed by his citizens council remarks.
Donald Trump - (0)- Will not be a credible candidate.

John Thune -Says he’s not running.
Mike Pence – Says he’s not running.
Chris Christie – Says he’s not running. I would haver considered him.
.

1 comment:

  1. Krauthammer says (April 11) that Romney can't sell the Federalism argument for Romneycare.

    ReplyDelete