I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Monday, December 3, 2012

Secession!



I understand that the President has announced that he will respond to any petition which has 25000 signatures on it.
There are petitions requesting permission for this or that state to secede from the union.

I believe that Obama should accept their petitions and then answer them, more or less, as follows.  

 The eagle (our national symbol) which holds in his beak a banner of the symbol of our union:
                                                    e pluribus unum,
which means one out of many.  I thought that I should consult with them about it.

I found a group of them near a Hotel in California and The Eagles say:
"You can check out any time you like, but you can nevverr leave."


3 comments:

  1. I would think that the organizers of the petitions and the people who signed them would be horrified to realize that they have laid a path for the President to seize a power that the office does not have. It will be interesting to see if the President, by the nature of his response, fosters that notion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely a simple petition could not lead to so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The deadline for response was 30 days. I am waiting.

    ReplyDelete