I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Leaning ?

It has been suggested that this blog is not centrist at all.
What do the readers think?
Vote at the left.
I'm new at this so I hope it works.
You can vote for a week.
I think you can only vote once.
Let me know if I have something to learn here.

1 comment:

  1. So... which way does the blog lean?

    While I'm curious about the poll, I have to say that my firm opinion is that Wayne's blog is decidedly centrist. To me, the style of Wayne's blog is: curiosity about the world, an interest in diverse opinions and views, seriousness about the critical issues of the day, and dedication to reason and civility in discourse and inquiry. In many ways that's the (welcome) opposite of partisanship.

    I love the way Wayne has used Hightower's line to frame his blog. There's something else that can be said for the middle of the road: It's a space of separation that prevents destructive and ultimately immobilizing collisions of operations that are barreling toward one another from opposite directions. At this point I'm in favor of a little less road and a lot more middle.

    ReplyDelete