I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Americans Elect

.
If I haven't already done so (and even if I have) I commend to you the following interesting idea.

Americans Elect

Added August 7: Some on the left see this as a conspiracy against Obama.

.

4 comments:

  1. Chrome Browser warned me away from your link (https://americanselect.org/). I think you need to use

    http://www.americanselect.org/about

    I had already looked at this briefly and it seems interesting. I saw a spokesman on some news broadcast several days ago talking about it. I was not being really attentive but I think he said they were trying to qualify for the ballot in every state.

    I've heard other comments to the effect that one must create a wide slate of candidates in a first effort to create a 3rd party candidates and a presidential candidate should not be considered until after that is done.

    Recalling the Nader "Effect" in 2000, or Perot in 1992, one probably should be wary of 3 way presidential contests. That being said, I have found myself wishing that there was an alternative to the 2 parties over the past few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea and an interesting survey. I took the time to investigate who is behind the survey in an attempt to determine whether the site was designed as a partisan site or a real attempt to change the status quo. I have to admit that I was unable to make that determination and it will be interesting to see how this site evolves.

    Mechanical the site is absolutely excellent. On each topic you select your choice and then you get to see the polling results already in the database. Someone did an excellent job.

    As for the survey questions themselves I have a few issues - as I always do. Here is my take.

    1. Ambiguous or poor questions – 20%
    2. Ambiguous or poor potential answers – 30%
    3. My answer missing – 20%
    4. Push questions – 20%
    5. Questions rephrased and asked more that once – 0% (a good sign)
    6. Unanswerable without a nuance – 25%
    7. Invalid questions – 5%

    Actually I found this survey much better than most, still the site causes that little voice in the back of my head to say be cautious. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete