I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Coddling the super rich

.
It is well known that Warren Buffett thinks he should pay more taxes. There are certain arguments made against that based on a faith that the Laffer Curve applies at all levels of taxation.

Buffett himself offers an informative perspective and data on both of these points in this article.
.

1 comment:

  1. Well, Mr. Buffet’s article is well written and I will admit very compelling. As someone who has always seen a progressive income tax as both imminently practical and inherently inequitable I found myself slowly being seduced by Mr. Buffet’s logic.

    So I slept on it and here is my bottom line. As a practical matter I am more receptive to making the income tax rates more steeply progressive for high earners than I was before I read the article. That said, my belief that a progressive income tax is unfair is still with me.

    ReplyDelete