I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Surveillance Cameras


In a recent comment concerning privacy rights and the use of surveillance cameras in public places Mayor Bloomberg said that present circumstances require us to “change our interpretation of the constitution”.

1.  I have no issues with the prolific use of surveillance cameras in public places.
2.   I have no issues with changing the Constitution using the change mechanisms defined in the constitution.
3.  I am (to be dramatic) horrified at the suggestion we should change our “interpretation” based on an agenda.

I sincerely hope that Mayor Bloomberg simply misspoke and does not truly believe what he actually said.

2 comments:

  1. I agree.

    Also, it seems that one should consider the possibility that PUBLIC surveillance is not a PRIVACY issue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, and while I do have concerns about the misuse of information collected with surveillance cameras in public places I agree that an expectation of privacy in a public place is an oxymoron.

      Delete