I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Thursday, December 2, 2010

That's one

When we first got married I wanted to explain to my wife how things were going to be. So I told her this story. The farmer and his new wife were headed home in the wagon (it's an old story) when the mule stumbled and the farmer said that's one. This happened again and he said that's two. On the third time the farmer got out of the wagon and pulled out a pistol and shot the mule dead. His wife freaked out (but it has modern language) and chewed him out up one side and down the other.
When she got through he said "That's one."
I smiled at my charming wife and said "And they lived happily ever after."
She looked very sternly at me and said, "That's one."
And we lived happily ever after.

2 comments: