I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Libya 5

.
This is going to be the short version.
I thought Obama did pretty well in the speech last night.
I would like to hear more about the following:
1. He said that he had consulted with the leadership of the Congress. Has Congress indicated whether it was enough?
2. I really wish he hadn't said (last week) "Gaddafi has got to go."
If the US president says somthing like that I don't think it works to walk it back to "ought to".
3 I wish this intervention were based on the interest of our Allies in S. Europe who would face a flood of refugees if things go bad.
4 If it is based on humanitarian grounds, then there is no limit to our obligations.

No comments:

Post a Comment