I disagree with Hightower.

What you will find here is: a centrist's view of current events;
a collection of thoughts, arguments, and observations
that I have found appealing and/or amusing over the years;
and, if you choose, your civil contributions which will make it into a conversation.

He not busy bein' born, is busy dyin'. - Bob Dylan

Please refer to participants only by their designated identities.

suggestion for US citizens: When a form asks for your race, write in: -- American

Saturday, January 8, 2011

2012 Candidates January 2011

Here are 12 possible candidates for the GOP nomination for president in 2012. They were selected for spotlight by FoxNews Special Report (their daily news show- which is closer to the center than it is to their star shows – Beck and Hannity et. al.) .
The numbers in parentheses are my wild guesses about the percentage chance that each of them has at this point. My principal reaction to each is listed afterword.

1. Mitch Daniels. (15) I would consider him.
2. Haley Barbour-(0) self removed by his citizens council remarks.
3. Tim Pawlenty- (5) I would consider him.
4. Sarah Palin-(20) A lightweight
5. Newt Gingrich-(4) bad position on Park 51.
6. Mitt Romney-(25) I would consider him.
7. Mike Huckabee-(25) too retro for me
8. Bobby Jindal- (1) possible VP, perhaps more later
9. Mike Pence-(2) Don’t know him yet
10. John Thune-(1) Don’t know him yet
11. Jim Demint (1) Too far right
12. Chris Christie (1) Says he’s not running. I would consider him.

You can find Red State Advocate's review of the FoxNews 12 GOP candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment